Support Services

Short term support services


Our services support vulnerable people who have a variety of short term needs, including:


Our Mental Health Supported Living Schemes provides individuals with short term accommodation to prepare them with the skills for maintaining and sustaining a Tenancy

We work in partnership with City of York Council as part of their Resettlement pathway.

York Housing Association provides Intensive Housing Management on behalf of City of York Council to their tenants who are at risk of losing their accommodation. 

Support that can be offered includes:

  • maintaining a tenancy

  • claiming benefits that you are entitled to

  • budgeting

  • help with debt and arranging payment plans

  • independent living skills

  • liaising with other agencies on your behalf

  • sign posting you to appropriate services

York Housing Association understands that being homeless doesn’t always mean you’re sleeping rough.

We work in partnership with Scarborough Borough Council to provide accommodation for people who are without settled, safe or secure accommodation – you may be sofa surfing, threatened with eviction or where you’re living may be unsuitable for a variety of reasons.

What do we offer?

Accommodation services – this can be in a hostel, small shared houses or self-contained flats.


If you find yourself in that position the first thing you should do is contact Scarborough Borough Council Housing Options Team on 01723 232323.

Some of the agencies we work with:

22 The Avenue

Age UK
Community Mental Health Team
Citizens Advice Bureau
City of York Council

Department of Work and Pensions
IDAS (Independent Domestic Abuse Service)
Joseph Rowntree Housing Trust
North Yorkshire Probation Service
MIND (York and District)
North Yorkshire Police
Scarborough Borough Council
Beyond Housing

Rainbow Centre

Community Impact Team



Long term supported living 


We work with several agencies, who provide specialist (often 24 hour) support to some of our tenants.


We continue to own and maintain the property, but our managing agents employ the staff and provide support services.


We currently work with:



Wilf Ward Trust

United Response


If you need help or advice call 01904 636061

What our Tenants think about us...

“I am very happy with YHA and have been with them for five years.” 
Mr B from Leeds.