Are you an EU resident and concerned about your right to remain in the UK after Brexit?

If you’re an EU, EEA or Swiss citizen, you and your family can apply to the EU Settlement Scheme to continue living in the UK after 30 June 2021.

The EU Settlement Scheme protects the rights you currently have in the UK including access to healthcare, benefits and pensions. As a York Housing Association customer, we want to ensure you feel supported through this so if you have any concerns please contact us or follow the link below for guidance.

Applying to the EU Settlement Scheme is essential for all EU citizens looking to remain in the UK. You will need to complete an application for settled status or pre-settled status, depending on how long you have been in the UK, which will provide you with the right to continue to rent your home. It’s recommended you begin your application as soon as possible.

If you do not apply for the EU Settlement Scheme and you no longer have the right to rent your home, your tenancy will be at risk and it could mean you lose your home.

To complete your application, you will need to demonstrate that you are living in the UK. York Housing Association may be able to help provide information that supports your application such as rent statements and tenancy agreements. If you require this information, please get in touch with us.

21 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All

York Housing Association
2 Alpha Court
Monks Cross Drive
YO32 9WN


Phone: 01904 636061

Homes to rent or buy across Yorkshire: Leeds, Malton, Scarborough, York, Beverley, Whitby and Selby.

Part of


York Housing Association Ltd is a Registered Society under the Cooperative and Community Benefit Societies Act 2014 and registered with the Financial Conduct Authority No. 16826. York Housing Association is an exempt charity and registered with the Regulator of Social Housing No. L1019