Gardens and External Areas

On some schemes we are responsible for all grounds maintenance, but in the case of tenants having their own gardens, they are responsible for keeping this in a clean and tidy condition.

If anyone is having problems in doing their own gardening we can put them in touch with some agencies that would do this for a small fee. We would also ask that any unwanted items, such as fridges, sofas etc are not left out in the garden or on the estate, but are disposed of correctly.

Most councils will take away large items for a fee, and you need to contact your local authority. If you are not in a position to do this, please contact your Housing Officer, who will be happy to give you more advice.

Your questions answered

You need to pay your rent,

here is how you do it. 

Free financial advice from York Housing Association

Is your home properly insured?

Certain behaviours are unacceptable in our homes and neighbourhoods.

Maintaining your home - what you can do to help.

York Housing Association
2 Alpha Court
Monks Cross Drive
YO32 9WN


Phone: 01904 636061

Homes to rent or buy across Yorkshire: Leeds, Malton, Scarborough, York, Beverley, Whitby and Selby.


Part of

York Housing Association Ltd. is a housing association with charitable status.Registered as an Industrial and Provident Society No.16826R. Registered with the Housing Corporation No L1019