In line with the Housing Ombudsman’s reviewed Complaints Handling Code, York Housing Association believe a complaint is : ‘an expression of dissatisfaction, however made, about the standard of service, actions or lack of action by the organisation, its own staff, or those acting on its behalf, affecting an individual resident or group of residents’.  The aim of this sector wide complaint definition it to enable all social housing residents to be heard and understood.

We hope you never have cause to complain, but should something go wrong or you receive a poor service from us, please do tell us about it so we have the opportunity to put things right. We greatly appreciate your time and view any feedback as an opportunity to improve our services.

If you have a complaint

If you have any complaints, compliments or feedback for us, please contact us first here.

Alternatively, you can speak to your Housing Officer or one of our Customer Relationship Advisors on 01904 636061. We’re always listening and ready to work hard to resolve your concerns straight away. If we are unable to resolve the problem there and then we will undertake a full investigation to understand the facts and get back to you within a maximum of five working days (unless there are mitigating reasons to extend this period).

Useful Links

If you need help or advice, talk to your housing officer

Call 01904 636061