We recognise and value the important role our contractors play in helping us to provide an excellent repairs service to our tenants.
Teamwork is the key word in our relationship with contractors and we take seriously our responsibility to support you to play your part. As a contractor working for York Housing Association you can expect:
- clear information and instructions
- polite, courteous and professional staff
- open channels of communication and quick responses to issues or queries
- regular newsletters keeping you up to date with what's going on at the Association
- feedback on your performance
- the chance to have formal and informal meetings with our maintenance staff
- invoices processed and paid within agreed terms
In return we ask that you:
- Ensure that your staff are presentable and wear ID badges.
- Ensure that your staff behave in a professional and non discriminatory manner at all times.
- Keep appointments and carry out work within agreed timescales.
- Report back when a job is more complex than we expected.
- Have in place an Equality and Diversity Policy that we accept and that staff adhere to this at all times (please note we are happy to support smaller organisations who do not have a policy by asking them to adopt ours and undergo relevant training which we will provide free of charge).
- Complete all paperwork that we provide.
- Submit all invoices in a timely manner.
- Work in a safe manner in compliance with Health and Safety legislation.
We are currently looking for skilled and reliable maintenance contractors in the following trades:
- heating Engineers
- general Builders
- flooring contractors
- gardening contractors
Please contact our Maintenance Officer, on 01904 636061 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org for an informal discussion or further information.