York Housing Association

Ending your Tenancy

You may find yourself in a situation where you want to end your tenancy agreement with the Association. 

You will need to write a letter to your Housing Officer giving 4 weeks notice and commencing from a Monday, together with your new address.  Before you vacate your Housing Officer will make an appointment to visit you and to make notes about the condition of the property.  If you have any repairs or decorating that you have to do yourself to keep within the lettable standards that the Association has, it will be fully explained to you.  For any property left in a very good condition we will give tenants £20.

Don't forget to ring your Housing Officer if you are not sure about the procedure, or you have any questions to ask.

Text sizeNormal textLarge textExtra large text


customer feedback ask for a translation